Randy Carpen (CRD#: 2469877), a former registered representative with Vestech Securities, Inc. (CRD#: 41409), has been permanently barred from the securities industry by FINRA, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, according to his BrokerCheck record accessed on February 20, 2020. What happened to lead to Randy Carpen’s bar from the securities industry? When FINRA requested documents and information in conjunction with its investigation into allegations that Randy Carpen traded excessively in a customer’s account, Randy Carpen failed to respond to the self-regulatory organization. As a result, he was barred from the securities industry, signing a letter of Acceptance, Waiver, and Consent in which he agreed to the sanctions. A copy of Randy Carpen’s AWC can be viewed here.
Randy Carpen’s BrokerCheck also lists other customer complaints, most of which have been closed with no action. In 2000, he was the subject of an award/judgment after a client alleged that he misrepresented investments.
Over his 20 years in the securities industry, Randy Carpen worked for 17 firms, switching firms much more frequently than the average broker. He has worked for the following firms (some of which have been expelled from the securities industry by FINRA):
- Vestech Securities, Inc. (CRD#: 41409)
- IBN Financial Services, Inc. (CRD#: 42360)
- Freedom Investors Corp. (CRD#: 23714)
- IFS Securities (CRD#: 40375)
- Newbridge Securities Corporation (CRD#: 104065)
- Westpark Capital, Inc. (CRD#: 39914)
- CBG Financial Group, Inc. (CRD#: 6578)
- EKN Financial Services, Inc. (CRD#: 113525) – expelled by FINRA on October 12, 2012
- Jesup & Lamont Securities Corp. (CRD#: 39056) – expelled by FINRA on November 4, 2010
- Gunnallen Financial, Inc. (CRD#: 17609)
- First Montauk Securities Corp. (CRD#: 13755)
- First Liberty Investment Group, Inc. (CRD#: 3536)
- VTR Capital, Inc. (CRD#: 21404) – expelled by FINRA on December 20, 2001
- Sovereign Equity Management Corp. (CRD#: 20016)
- Biltmore Securities, Inc. (CRD#: 25023) – expelled by FINRA on March 1, 1999
- GXN Securities Corp. (CRD#: 19415)
- First United Equities Corporation (CRD#: 36398)
If Randy Carpen was your broker and you have concerns about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact the securities attorneys of Fitapelli Kurta to learn about your options for recovery. Call (877) 238-4175 or email email@example.com for your free consultation with a securities attorney.