John Hoidas (CRD#: 1937971), a registered representative with Uhlmann Price Securities, LLC (CRD#: 42854) in Chicago, Illinois, is currently involved in four pending customer disputes in which clients allege that he recommended unsuitable private placements, including GPB Capital Holdings II, according to his BrokerCheck record accessed on December 18, 2019.
On November 5, 2019, John Hoidas became involved in a customer dispute over GPB Holdings II. This is not the first time John Hoidas has found himself involved in a customer dispute over private placements. In July 2019, he became involved in three other customer disputes. On July 8, 2019, a client alleged that John Hoidas recommended unsuitable investments to her from March 2017 to July 2019. The investments at issue were private placements, variable annuities, and promissory notes. On July 26, 2019, a client alleged that, from September 2013 to July 2019, John Hoidas misrepresented private placements.
In the 15 years that he has been a broker, John Hoidas has worked for six broker-dealers. In addition to his current role at Ulhmann Price Securities, LLC in Chicago, Illinois, John Hoidas has also worked for:
- Spencer Trask Ventures, Inc. (CRD#: 28373) in Evanston, Illinois – SEC registration status terminated on June 26, 2018
- Kingsbury Capital, LLC (CRD#: 147102) in Evanston, Illinois – SEC registration status terminated on May 22, 2014
- Brewer Financial Services, LLC (CRD#: 132558) in Chicago, Illinois – expelled by FINRA on March 25, 2011
- Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. (CRD#: 6363) in Northbrook, Illinois
- IDS Life Insurance Company (CRD#: 6321) in Minneapolis, Minnesota – SEC registration status terminated on February 17, 2007
John Hoidas is licensed to sell securities in California, Minnesota, Florida, and Nevada. He has passed the Series 66 – Uniform Combined State Law Examination, Securities Industry Essentials Examination, and Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination.
If John Hoidas was your broker and recommended GPB Holdings II or other private placements to you that you believe were unsuitable, don’t hesitate to contact a securities attorney. Call (877) 238-4175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for your free consultation with the securities attorneys of Fitapelli Kurta.