Super Lawyers
Million Dollar Advocates Forum
BBB Accredited Business

John Elliot Terminated From Ameriprise

John ElliotPublic records provided by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) on January 11, 2017 indicate that former Kansas-based Ameriprise Financial Services broker John Elliot has been suspended from acting as a broker. Fitapelli Kurta is interested in speaking to investors who have complaints regarding Mr. Elliot (CRD# 5981598).

John Elliot has spent four years in the securities industry and was most recently registered with Ameriprise Financial Services in Overland Park, Kansas (2011-2016). He is currently not registered with any state or firm.

According to his BrokerCheck report, John Elliot has received one regulatory sanction and two pending customer complaints, and was terminated from his position at Ameriprise Financial Services.

In December 2016 FINRA sanctioned him following allegations he “failed to respond to FINRA request for information.” He was suspended from acting as a broker.

In November 2016 a group of claimants alleged John Elliot, while employed at Ameriprise Financial Services, solicited and sold investments in Selden Companies, LLC, in which they invested a total of $853,000, which they allege “was stolen” as part of a Ponzi scheme. The customers are seeking $853,000 in damages in the pending complaint.

In November 2016 a customer alleged John Elliot, while employed at Ameriprise, “recommended he invest a total of $85,000 in Selden Companies stock (an unapproved outside investment).” The customer is seeking $85,000 in damages in the pending complaint.

In August 2016 he was discharged from Ameriprise Financial Services following allegations involving “compliance policy violations related to selling away.”

If you or someone you know has complaints regarding John Elliot, call the experienced attorneys at Fitapelli Kurta at 877-238-4175 for a free consultation. You may be entitled to recover lost funds. All cases are taken on contingency: we only receive payment if and when you collect money. Time to file your claim may be limited, so we suggest you avoid delay. Call 877-238-4175 now to speak to an attorney for free.

Contact Information